Thursday, April 17, 2008

Up-date!


Herrow,

I haven’t written on this since December and figured that I should write something, since mi boyfriend seems to enjoy mi writing about stuff :P! Yesterday was mi birthday. I am now officially OLD. Even though everyone here says I am young, but what does a 13 year-old know? ?_? They’re young and I am 11 years older than them, a decade + 1! Actually, I don’t care that I am 24. I just wish I knew what I plan to do for the next 24 years! I leave Japan in about 105 days. I am really excited to go back home and I can’t wait to spend time in the wonderful U.S.A and mi 3 weeks in England!!!

So here is what has been happening with me →

January

Jet Conference (Jan. 24-25):

I wasn’t really looking forward to going to this thing. I really didn’t want to return to Japan because I knew that I had to do a presentation at this stupid conference, but overall it wasn’t soooo bad. I guess it helps me with public speaking. Mi topic was “Group Work.” I had to present with mi JTE, so it was just like I was teaching junior high, but with people who actually understood everything I said. Everyone in mi group had a good time. Other than pretty much everyone had to present something because we are “senpai”…blah :P!!! On the 24th, it snowed really badly and slowed down the trains. We thought that we might have been stuck in Sendai, but trains were only delayed for an hour or so thanks to the wind. We found a Mexican restaurant in Sendai, which charged us ¥600 just to sit there. Sooooooo, mi burrito was about ¥1400!!!! It wasn’t a typical Mexican place. No free chips and salsa…just good old tap water. ~yums~





February

Taiwan (Feb. 2-10):

I went to Taiwan to see mi family!!! Spending needed quality time with mi Asian and celebrating Chinese New Year with her. Since it was the year of the rat it was only fitting that I should go and celebrate because it was mi year. Plus, I needed to go to a temple and pray for mi fellow rats’ happiness throughout the year. I had a wonderful time and I wish I were able to stay there longer. I love hanging out with mi Asian, going to different places, and Taiwan itself. I think the pics speak for themselves.





Jay Weekend (Feb. 16-17):
Jiin様 and I went to Tokyo for the weekend to see Jay. If you don’t know who Jay is…I think you need to find out. He is a hot, talented, Taiwanese singer!!! Jiin様 and I stayed in Asakusa on the Saturday night and then saw the concert on the Sunday. Lucky for us Jay added another date to his Japan schedule, since Saturday was SOLD OUT. It was really fun. We were pretty close to the front, I think about 11 rows back and to the right side of the stage. Being there really made me love Chinese even more. That weekend will always be a memorable one.




Akira’s Party (Feb. 23):
Akira’s party was held in Sendai. It was a nomihodai and tabehodai for ¥3000. This place was really awesome and FATTENING!!! This was an all-you-can eat fry your own stuff on a stick place. I really enjoyed frying mini taiyaki. The wind was really bad that day, so Jiin様 and I decided to drive down to Sendai. Jiin様 was nice enough to drive mi car back, so I could drink at the place. It was really fun and I would love to go there again maybe in a smaller group.



March

Onion Cakes:

Since I was wanting to eat real food for a change, I decided to make onion cakes. Yusan and I used to make this for TSA events at KU. ~Oh the memories~ Just thought I would share mi lovely creation.



J.H.S. Graduation (March 8):
Finally!!! The 3年生 graduated! Especially the troublesome boys that caused so much suffering in mi school because of their extreme stupidity. I will miss them especially the ones I really really liked. It is sad that they left, but this year is betta without them here. Stress-wise! Arigatou ne!



Outing in Yamoto (March 8):
After graduation, I met up with the gang in Yamoto. We were wanting to go for lamb, but unfortunately they were crowded and we weren’t able to get a table, so we went to Karubi in Loc Town in Yamoto. Afterwards, we went to the arcade and hung out there for a little bit. It was a fun little outing.




April

Lamb Restaurant (April 3)
:
Since we weren’t able to go the Lamb restaurant on March 8th. We finally were able to dine at the lamb restaurant on April 3rd. It was nice to see everyone especially Annie because she is ALWAYS sick!






Sendai (April 12):
Jiin様 and I went down to Sendai because I needed to get mi car’s tires changed, so we went down and went to Yodobashi Camera. I wanted to get some games for mi birthday party on Saturday. The coolest thing that made mi day was the 3 lane roads and the huge intersection in Sendai. It made me sooo happy that I took a pic. HRS for driving lanes that are wide than just one! Anways, we hung out for about 2 hours and then returned back home. I went to Wakuya and played Mario Kart with Jiin様!I finally had ramen that night. I wasn’t able to get mi negi ramen, so I got another kind instead T_T. I was happy to get ramen because when mommy came she wanted nothing to do with those noodles. T_T



Mi Birthday (April 16):
I didn’t tell anyone it was mi birthday here in Japan, but mi English teachers remembered which was nice. Also, mi little 1年生 remembered or knew. They were so cute. Happi Batsudey. It was super cute. I also got some flowers from mi Kyoto-sensei right before I left. He picked them from the garden outside. The sakura trees around mi school are really pretty too. They were probably blooming for mi!!!! After freedom was given, I went to get some food for mi dinner etc. Then came home, ate, and had plans to talk to Davey at 8. To mi surprise, there was a conference call prepared for me to say, “Happy Birthday!” It was really nice. Hypertwin woke up early, Hashi was late for work, Davey’s internet sucked, Matty had to make t-shirts, and Annie had a lovely time typing. It was really nice talking to the family. I just wish we were all together again. That would be really nice, so we must have a fam vacation whenever we all have the time and most of all the money. I called mi mommy and it was really nice talking to her. I LOVE MI FAMILIES SOOOO MUCH!!! Thanks for all the warm birthday messages. Tanks!!!


1 comment:

Dave said...

glad to see that you finally updated this thing! mm, i'm not sure but you might be inspiring me to actually make an entry on my own blog; i kind of miss writing actually...

if only i had something to write about! ne.

you know, i'm not sure if the guys in that school photo are the annoying ones but they sure look annoying! they remind me of some of the guys i had to teach, though thankfully most were mellowed out.

i miss mi oldie! daisumo!! X