Monday, October 13, 2008

Stuck in the MUD!!


How do I say this...???? mmmmm......mmmmmm????
Have you ever wanted something and not sure what it is? Have you ever known what you want, but then not quite sure how to get it? Or feel like everyone is on his/her path in his/her life, while you are stuck in the mud just left behind?
I am not quite sure what I should do in my life or what paths are ahead of me (even if there are any)!!! Maybe there is a special path that is waiting for me and I just have to stand in the mud until it appears, but keep my eyes open or it might disappear!!!

"Do something you want/like to do!," everyone tells me, but what is that? I have NO IDEA!! I want a job that I love waking up in the morning to go to, I make a decent income (that I can support my family and afford things with ease, not worrying about "the budget"), enjoy working, come home at a decent time (so I can spend time with family etc.), etc. I know this is probably what everyone wants in one's life, but the question is how to get it? I want a nice job and I don't want to go back to school even though a Master's Degree makes be look smart!!! hee hee!!! Unless, that nice job pays for me to go to school, in which I would say yes!! A really nice school!!! I don't want to pay $70,000+ just to get a degree that I am not sure I want to do. I know I should be looking around finding what I like etc., but the things I like is traveling to different countries and languages! I am not comfortable with depending my whole job on my language abilities. I don't want a job that is free lance and that is what interpreters do. I want to travel to foreign countries, wear business suits, feel important, converse with the natives in their language, be looked at as a professional who is interested in the country I am visiting other than an English teacher.

I guess the future has a lot in store for me. Hopefully more than a can of worms to go with my mud!!! ^_^

1 comment:

Dave said...

and you tell me that you can't write! <3

P.S. ack, if it isna a highlan coo!